SUMMARY: To develop and implement a curriculum designed to meet the educational and social development of each child. In the absence of the Director of Child Care Services they will report to the Assistant Director or Closing Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare (with your Co- Teachers) written weekly lesson plans one (1) month in advance that clearly state objectives, goals and activities which you wish to achieve that week in your classroom. Theme should be noticeable throughout your classroom learning areas.
- The planning will be based on the curriculum guidelines. Your direct supervisor or Director will review all lesson plan books periodically.
- Maintain individual weekly observations and documentation on each child, which denotes weekly Personal & Social Development, Language Literacy, Mathematical & Scientific thinking, the Arts, Physical Development, Health and Safety.
- Follow EEC and NNCC Behavior management policy.
- Follow EEC and NNCC Abuse and Neglect policy.
- Prepare and arrange classroom materials and equipment so that it is attractive, easily accessible and conducive to an atmosphere of curiosity, exploration and activity, which supports a young child’s development. The room arrangement will provide for a variety of clearly defined interest areas, with space that provides for active play, quiet play, dramatic play, cognitive and manipulative play.
- Conduct daily conversations with co-teacher to evaluate the learning environment to see how well goals are being met.
- Post daily schedule in your classroom.
- Prepare development assessments reports for each child in your class every 3-4 months, depending on age group working with. Also schedule individual meetings with parents to explain these assessments.
- Maintain a safe, clean, organized, and visually pleasant environment and classroom. Respect and use equipment properly.
- Fulfill Professional Development requirements as per EEC regulations.
- Provide and maintain the following certifications for continued employment: Medication Administration, Annual Physical, Pediatric First Aid/CPR, SIDS training, Allergen, USDA and Look Before You Lo
Generous Benefit Package – Full-time staff
14 paid/off Holidays
Sick leave – rate of 1 day, (roll over)
Vacation – Months 1 – 12 – 6.66 hours per month or 80.00 hours per year
Offered health insurance, dental & vision insurance and company-paid life insurance