Promoting Adolescent Strengths
Duties: New North Citizens’ Council, Inc. (NNCC) is a community-based agency, which provides innovative home visiting services to youth and families who are consumers of DCF services. The Promoting Adolescent Strengths (PAS)/Skills Builders Family Based Services (FBS) Case Manager conducts home and school visits in partnership with DCF and Family Networks social workers.
Specific Job Duties:
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) and Bi-Cultural required.
- Receive referrals from DCF of youth experiencing difficulties in their social environment.
- Develop intervention plans in collaboration with DCF.
- Visit youth and their families twice per week to provide case management, advocacy, and direct services. Participate in active supervision, utilization reviews, clinical conferences and family meetings.
- Maintain web-based, computer records and written documentation.
- Drive throughout Hampden County for the purposes of home visits in a properly insured vehicle, climb stairs, walk moderate distances.
- Associates Degree in human services or a related field.
- Strong commitment to youth and families.
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work preferred.
- Experience in working with youth and families.
- Experience with computers.
This is an excellent opportunity for an entry-level social worker interested in adolescents involved in the protective service system.
Generous Benefit Package!