Peer to Peer Mentor
Program: AMP Salary: $20/HR.
SUMMARY:NNCC is implementing Project Amp, a brief mentorship program that pairs teenagers (13-17 years old) with young adult mentors Project Amp is an innovative mentorship program that helps students reach their goals in health and wellness, family and friend relationships, and academics, and is specifically designed to prevent substance use and other risk factors.
The Peer-to-Peer Mentor helps facilitate social and educational growth in young people to help them strive for more in our current society. The Peer-to-Peer Mentor will motivate, model and be a part of a team of mentors to help support area youth in areas requiring assistance, such as tutoring, academic support, skill-building and social growth. Applicant age requirement (18-28)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and recruit youth as needed.
- Ability to develop knowledge of best practices with peers and an ability to develop a rapport with peers
- Plan and implement program activities that include educational workshops appropriate to program academic goals and age of youth.
- Able to initiate, make decisions, identify & implement solutions, and required documentation in an appropriately, effectively and timely manner.
- Demonstrates good listening skills by paying attention to and demonstrating understanding of the comments and questions of others.
- Participates in agency projects.
- Interacts with all staff and community professionally, effectively and appropriately.
- Shows awareness of and respect for multicultural, ethnic, race and gender diversity among all individuals involved in the Agency including recipients of services, residents, staff, other agencies, etc.