Program: Program SupportReports to: NNCC Chief Operating OfficerFLSA: Non-Exempt Summary: Under the direction, establishes and maintains activities to develop, locate, and secure job openings for NNCC clients; markets programs and coordinates job resources; performs...
Housing Resource Advocate Worker
Program: Homeless Prevention Program
Reports To: Family Services Director
Summary: The Housing Resource Advocate Worker will assist the walk in clients/community residents that enter NNCC seeking housing information and referral services. This worker will collect and maintain all information needed in the strictest of confidentiality at all times. He/She will be responsible and directed to assist in retrieving and processing all information as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will serve as first contact to the public to answer all questions, and/or provide services/referrals as needed;
- Provide referral services to clients on such issues as food, clothing, furniture, shelter, etc.
- Answer multi-telephone lines, transfer calls, messages, etc. in a professional manner.
- Knowledgeable in computers and their programs i.e.: Windows, Excel, Internet usage, etc.
- Perform data entry required “Intake Sheets”, type memos, letters, reports, flyers, etc.
- Will maintain all day to day documentation and all files and information in the strictest confidentiality.
- Translate documents for NNCC and to clients on a need as basis.
- Acts as a resource for housing needs, documents and provide referral information,
- Network with collaborating agencies and community support agencies.
- Must be able to work well independently as well as collaborate appropriately with NNCC’s different departments and staff.
- Will adhere to and accomplish all required tasks by their respective deadlines.
- Shows awareness of diversity for races, ethnical backgrounds and genders.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s Degree preferred. High School diploma/GED with life and general community support and available community resources. Knowledge in the availability of community resources available to clients is extremely beneficial.
Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) and Bi-Cultural required. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, parents or employees of organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Flow of work and character of duties involve normal mental and visual attention much or all of the time. Specific vision abilities required by this position includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Eye-hand coordination required less than 15% of the time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms; stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, and/or kneel. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply to: Housing Resource Advocate Worker
Program: Youth ServicesReports to: Director of Youth ServicesFLSA: Non-Exempt Summary:The Youth Worker helps facilitate personal, social and educational growth in young people to help them reach their full potential in society. The Youth Worker will motivate, model...
Program: Homeless Prevention ProgramReports To: Family Services DirectorFLSA: Non-Exempt Summary: The Housing Resource Advocate Worker will assist the walk in clients/community residents that enter NNCC seeking housing information and referral services....
The 2020 U.S. Census matters! Stand up and say "I count!" The census counts our population and households, providing the basis for distributing more than $675 billion in federal funds annually to support states, counties and communities’ vital programs — impacting...